The program has been accredited by 6.25 CE credits by IAFE (includes 0.75 ethics credits).
Ongoing digital transformation isn’t a threat – it’s an opportunity. Exponential change can seem intimidating … but if advisors choose to innovate rather than stagnate, they will be expertly prepared to embrace the future of technology and work.
It all starts with this session! Our opening speaker will open your eyes to the latest trends in wealth management and how advisors can utilize technology to shape exceptional customer experiences, asking questions like:
- What role do advisors play in the modern financial services industry?
- How do you keep up with the industry changes, new regulatory requirements, technological advances and deliver good service at the same time?
- What is the technology disrupting the fintech/wealthtech space?
- How can technology provide superb client experiences?
- How can advisors embrace digital disruption and prepare for the future?
Tea Nicola — CEO and Co-founder, WealthBar Financial Services
Eager to meet and greet some of the most successful advisors across Canada? Then you should be doubly eager to attend this panel.
Our esteemed faculty of speakers will divulge their winning strategies, outline what makes them different and reveal how they are pushing the boundaries within the wealth space. You’ll discover:
- Wealth management best practices that work
- Why being different is a good thing
- Overview of various business practice structures
- How to bulletproof your business with effective practice management
- Five things that you can do today to make your practice bigger and better
- How to embrace technology and stay competitive in the digital age
John Cucchiella — Canadian Wealth Management Industry Veteran
Adam Schacter — Financial Advisor, Mandeville Private Client Inc.; Young Gun of the Year Award Finalist, Wealth Professional Awards 2016 & 2017
Alexander Martin — Financial Advisor, Craig & Taylor Associates Investment Team at IPC Investment Corporation
Julia Chung — Co-Founder & Sr. Financial Planner, Spring Financial Planning; Engagement, Loyalty and Customer Care Award Finalist, Wealth Professional Awards 2016 & 2017
Arthur Salzer — CEO & CIO, Northland Wealth Management
PRACTICE MANAGEMENT TRACK
TAKING YOUR BUSINESS TO THE NEXT LEVEL
If there’s one thing that keeps financial advisors awake at night, it’s practice management.
So many questions revolve around the issue. How can advisors scale their businesses while continuing to effectively manage existing clients? How can they streamline processes, systemize their practices, better manage time, and most importantly run their businesses like very clean well-oiled machines?
Our speaker knows where the opportunities for maximum revenue lie – and is ready to share them with you. No more blind spots. No more falling behind. Under analysis:
- Best practices in building processes to acquire ideal clients project management and time management, including dealing with compliance
- What financial advisors need to do to enhance their ideal client service
- What systems and tools to use to streamline practices
- Technology tools that advisors absolutely need to know about
Grant Hicks — National Director, Practice Management, Advisor Practice Management
BITCOIN, CRYPTOCURRENCY AND BLOCKCHAIN: MAKING SENSE OF THEIR ROLE IN WEALTH MANAGEMENT
We’ve all heard the hype: constant chatter about how “bitcoin,” “blockchain,” and “cryptocurrency” are technologies of the future.
Yet is it only hype? Important forces in the financial services and wealth management industries are sitting up and paying attention. Cryptocurrencies aren’t something you can ignore.
Join expert speaker Matthew Spoke for a no- nonsense explanation on the basics of Bitcoin and beyond – and what it all means for Canadian financial planners and wealth advisors. Including:
- How blockchain technology applies in wealth
- What impact there will be on the Canadian wealth management industry
- How blockchain will change the way we invest
Kesem Frank — Co-Founder, AION
PRACTICE MANAGEMENT TRACK
ATTRACTING, RETAINING AND SERVICING CLIENTS VIA SOCIAL MEDIA
Social media isn’t just for sharing cat photos and Instagram selfies! In the age of digital disruption, it’s an essential marketing and business development tool.
In order to utilize social media properly, however, financial advisors need to be versatile and innovative – savvy with their social media, distinct with their digital marketing strategies.
In this session, expert speaker Sabaa Quao will teach you:
- Effectively using LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms for new business development
- Leveraging social media for client engagement
- Using social media platforms for branding and providing complete 360 client/customer experiences
- Best practices in branding and digital marketing including video, podcasts, blogging and more
- Case studies and real-life success stories
Sabaa Quao — President & Founder, /newsrooms
TECHNOLOGY FOR ADVISORS FOR PRACTICE MANAGEMENT AND EFFICIENCY
Who better to get advice from regarding cost- effective technology tools than one of Canada’s most tech-savvy wealth advisors?
In this essential session, Jason Pereira outlines a comprehensive list of best practices and strategies for embracing technology and digital disruption, including:
- Technologies that can help advisors grow and improve their businesses
- Technology for remote delivery of services, financial planning software, digital verification tools, digitization of documents solutions, e-signature, email and calendar scheduling tools, technology for protecting client data and more
- Using a tablet for your client meetings and getting the most out of your phone and apps
- Future technology changes that will impact Canadian wealth management industry and advisors
- Upcoming technology that will enable advisors and make them more effective
Jason Pereira — Partner & Senior Financial Consultant, Woodgate Financial at IPC Investment Corporation
DIGITAL ENGAGEMENT: ADAPTING TO THE NEW CLIENT LANDSCAPE
From onboarding, to reporting, to relationship management – the way we interact with clients is changing. Even further, spectrum of client personas we interact with is growing – the younger generation demands robo while traditional wealth clients need classic touchpoints. InvestCloud is global company known for first-class, financial digital solutions, pre-integrated in the cloud.
We create beautifully designed client experiences and intuitive operations solutions using our ever-expanding library of digital modular apps. Today, the InvestCloud platform supports some of the largest banks in the world with substantial assets. In addition, for managers under $40 billion, InvestCloud supports over $1.7 trillion of assets across 670 diverse clients – from wealth managers, institutional investors & institutional asset managers to family offices, asset services companies, financial platforms & banks.
Michael Rodgers — EVP, Head of New York Innovation Center
LEVERAGE WEALTHELEMENTS CLIENT PORTAL TO IMPROVE INVESTOR ENGAGEMENT AND INCREASE THE EFFICIENCY OF YOUR PRACTICE
During this session, Jonathan Georges, Vice President of Wealth Management Solutions at Equisoft will demonstrate how advisors can leverage “Robo” technology to improve the efficiency of their practice while maintaining the human touch so many investors still seek when it comes to dealing with something as personal as their money
Jonathan Georges — Vice-President, Wealth Management Solutions at Equisoft
PRACTICE MANAGEMENT TRACK
DEVELOPING EFFECTIVE SUCCESSION AND TRANSITION PLANS INCLUDING TEAM DEVELOPMENT
Don’t have the right people on your team? Stuck with people managers who lack leadership skills? Growing your business will be nigh-on impossible – as you’re no doubt painfully aware.
The solution lies in leadership and team development – the basis of this must-attend session, in which our expert speaker will show you:
- How to grow your team and find the right people to fill roles
- How to avoid turnover and retain your staff
- How to manage and motivate your employees
- How to succession-plan best practices for independent businesses
- Leadership development: finding new leaders, including training and development of your current employees
- Overcoming intergenerational differences in the workplace
- Technology tools for employee learning and development
Jerry Butler — President, Queenston Group of Companies
DELIVERING CLIENT VALUE IN THE NEW ERA OF FEE AWARENESS
Fee Awareness: it’s the latest big development in financial services. And it’s inexorably linked to another big development: the rise of robo-advisors.
Robo-advisors are disrupting the retirement-planning paradigm of the last 30 years. They will offer increasingly sophisticated retirement plans to clients, who are more fee aware than ever before.
Sounds like good news for robo-advisors … and bad news for human advisors. Right? Not entirely.
When it comes to creating meaningful plans, human advisors can offer far more than the narrow retirement focus that characterizes robo-advisor plans. Advisors also can help clients with what they think and talk about most of the time – the long-term implications of current home, lifestyle and family decisions.
However – advisors can achieve this significant edge over their automated counterparts only by embracing next-generation life plans.
But what exactly are life plans?
Michael Curtis — President, Vision Systems Corp.
PRACTICE MANAGEMENT TRACK
THE MILLENNIAL PANEL: INTERACTING AND COMMUNICATING WITH MILLENNIAL CLIENTS
What’s the best way to learn how to adapt and appeal to the millennial demographic? By listening to millennials themselves, obviously!
Our millennial-age advisors Chelsey Chartren and Rosemary Horwood have been making noise in the Canadian wealth management industry by winning various industry awards and being continuously recognized by WP Magazine. They’ll be sharing tips for success, as well as covering multiple win-win scenarios they have spearheaded over the past year for both their businesses and clients.
They’ll be joined by Patti Dolan, who – having worked with numerous millennial clients – will share some of her best tricks on how to relate to this demographic including brief discussion on socially responsible investing.
Andrew Jenkins — Principal, Volterra
Chelsey Chartren — Financial Advisor, The McClelland Financial Group at Assante Capital Management Ltd.
Patti Dolan — Portfolio Manager, SAGE Connected Investing at Raymond James
Rosemary Horwood — Vice President, Investment Advisor, Rosemary Horwood Wealth; Multi-Award Winning Advisor, Richardson GMP
MANAGING YOUR PRACTICE THROUGH TECHNOLOGY: WHAT THE OFFICE OF THE FUTURE ADVISOR LOOKS LIKE
Having spent eight years building the operations of a 2015 and 2016 WP Magazine’s Top Advisor firm (Wise Riddell Financial Group), Brian has built his own planning firm (BL Financial Consulting) from the ground up. With an emphasis on technology, Brian will share his experience from a paper-based planning firm to a fully digital practice.
He wants his company BL Financial to be regarded by advisors, professionals and clients as the best financial planning organization in Canada, amassing the highest levels of quality, respect and influence. How will he achieve this? By using technology to make his vision come to life.
In this breakout Tech Track, Brian demonstrates the practices and processes that have contributed to his already successful practice – and which will be taking it even bigger places in the future. Specifically, Brian will speak about why he chose Apple over PC, which CRM he chose (and why) along with other digital tools he’s learned and implemented along the way.
Brian Laundry — Insurance Consultant, Hollis Insurance Inc.
ROBOADVISOR: HOW CAN ROBOADVISORS ENABLE THE HUMAN ADVISORS?
In this keynote session, we’ll dispel the tired old myth that ‘robots are out to steal your job’. Introducing the roboadvisors: the tech revolution that will make you a better advisor than ever!
Canadian wealthtech disruptor Michael Katchen will discuss the state of the roboadvisor industry in Canada, the history behind roboadvisors and their invention, and how roboadvisors can help enable human advisors and simplify client experiences. Katchen has answers to all the big questions, including:
- Will roboadvisors kill human advisors … or further enable them?
- How do roboadvisors interact with clients, meet their needs, function over a client lifecycle and can they create better financial plans than human advisors?
- Are roboadvisors part of a sustainable business model over the next ten to twenty years?
- How do roboadvisors reshape the infrastructure of the industry?
- How can human advisors utilize roboadvisors to offer multiple levels of service and cater to different demographics?
- How can fund management companies interact and sell to roboadvisors?
- Are roboadvisors a better solution for clients who don’t possess significant wealth?
Michael Katchen — Co-founder & CEO, Wealthsimple
DEEP DARK TRUTHS: CYBERSECURITY AND DATA PROTECTION ON THE DEEP WEB
We used to worry about physical crime and security – and, while these are undoubtedly still issues, cybersecurity and digital protection are taking the mantle of worry for many executives and companies around the world, especially in the financial services industry.
Our move to a digital world, it seems, is one replete with digital crime … like the latest Equifax hack, poised to affect a staggering 143 million consumers. One thing is clear: data protection is swiftly becoming more important than protecting physical assets.
In this eye-opening closing keynote, our speaker reveals the truth about the world’s most dangerous place – the deep dark web. You’ll learn about the privacy risks that every wealth professional needs to know, including:
- Why outsourcing tasks and assignments to international countries may cost you in the long run
- Understanding that protecting client and confidential information is not IT’s responsibility
- Overview of various digital crimes and mitigation measures
- Best practices in protecting client data including overview of available technologies
- Canadian technology rules and regulations
Jesse Jordan — Principal Consultant, Strategic Cybersecurity Services, Mandiant
WP MAGAZINE PARTNERS
May 30TH 2018
THE WESTIN HARBOUR CASTLE